Ok. So after my rant about people commenting on my size and baby's size (see previous post) I found out today that maybe they were onto something. I had an ultrasound and everything looked great! However, the Dr. did mention the baby's size. The Dr. walked into the room with a smile, looked at his notes and said, "Other than being gigantic, everything looks good." At first I didn't hear what he said or perhaps I just couldn't comprehend his words. Excuse me? Did you say gigantic? Yes, he did. For my benefit the Dr. restated his point: "She's a big baby." Ok, I got that one. I just was
not expecting to hear that.
He said the only issue this brings up is delivery. He mentioned a possible c-section or an early induction once the baby reaches a safe point in the pregnancy. He also said that her size was based on the ultrasound measurements which aren't always accurate. Either way he will be keeping an eye on things. I'm just grateful that she continues to do well and I can't wait to meet her!
Baby Girl at 32 Weeks


Mom at 32 Weeks

No comments:
Post a Comment