For several months I've had people, including total strangers, comment on my size. Sometimes I'll be asked if I'm having twins or I'll be told I'm carrying a big baby. And sometimes they'll just come out and say "Wow, you look big." Gee, thanks. So after hearing this or several variations of this for months, it has officially entered my subconscious as evidenced by the following dream:
The setting: Oprah Winfrey's stage set up with a runway. The event: A maternity pajama fashion show. Several pregnant women parade down the runway in PJs as an overhead voice comments on the fashions. I'm up next. As I'm walking down in a long nightgown, the faceless voice comments, "There's only one baby in there." Then behind me walks a very tall man with a huge pregnant-looking belly. He's wearing a white t-shirt and pants. As he walks down the runway, the announcer says, "Here's one person that's bigger than Becky! He might have swallowed a whole boy." The audience was enjoying the commentary but I was completely offended.
Then I woke up. And guess what I heard at work today from a co-worker? You guessed it.
1 comment:
From one big belly lady to another (hehe) I think you look amazing, perfectly round belly and all. Then again, it's been a few weeks since I've seen a belly pic, so you might just have gotten really ginormous since I've seen ya. ;-) So where's the belly pic??
Post a Comment