Sunday, December 16, 2007
Questions and Answers
There is no doubt that life is filled with questions. And there are some questions that get circulated as you hit certain milestones in your life. It begins sometime around college or soon after: So are you dating anyone? We all know how tough the dating scene can be, so you're so proud when you finally get a date. Once it's out that you are indeed dating someone you hear: Is it serious? When are you getting married? You may hear this question for a while since it usually takes a year or more before you get engaged. So then you finally get married and you think, phew no more questions. Wrong. As soon as you say I Do and before you even leave the reception, someone asks: So are you going to have kids? And if you don't return pregnant after the honeymoon, it changes slightly to: When are you going to have kids? You do your best to smile politely and answer evasively. And then you get to share the good news: We're pregnant. You would think the questions stop there. Nope. Other than asking about the due date, you inevitably hear: So will you find out the sex? To which there never seems to be an acceptable answer because everyone has their opinion on that one. So then you find out. And guess what? Another question: Do you have any names picked out? I admit I used to ask this question too and was always disappointed when parents-to-be would not divulge any information. But I get it now. It's not just hearing that question over and over, it's the fact that everyone has a reaction to any name you throw out there. Even the neutral reactions get you questioning if it really is a good name. So I'm sorry to disappoint people, but we are not sharing our list of names. I don't know what the next question will be. We haven't gotten that far yet. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Agh! I'm sorry to warn you that it doesn't get any easier Im afraid...people will continue on this trend: "Are you breastfeeding? On schedule or on demand? Are you using cloth or disposable? Are you letting her cry it out or cuddling her all of the time? " etc. I'm beginning to realize that this is the norm and will say that it gets easier over time. Enjoy!
did you get a breast pump yet? i hear those are key if you want to sleep and let others help you with the feeding. can't wait to baby sit. jenny is a nice name btw.
this one is from mom-"are you sure you are not carrying twins?"
Post a Comment