Sunday, December 16, 2007

Back Tracking - 4th of July

Maybe I should start at the beginning. No, not that beginning! I mean the day we found out we were having a baby.

We had spent the weekend at Waneta Lake to celebrate the 4th of July. It was still too early to test, but I was trying to stay optimistic. Just in case, I was not partaking in any alcoholic beverages which is really difficult to do when you're in the middle of the Finger Lakes aka wine country during the summer. When I got back to Rochester I decided I couldn't wait any longer to test. So on the morning of the real 4th of July I took an ept test at 5:30 in the morning. Shocking, I know. When I first looked at the test I didn't see that second line and was really disappointed. But I decided to take another look by holding it up to the light coming through the window and I thought I detected a very faint second line. Of course I needed confirmation so poor Matt was woken up to be the judge. He said he didn't see a second line, but when I pointed where I thought it was he agreed there was something there.

So I did my best to go back to sleep. Finally at 9am I couldn't take it any longer and decided to pee on another stick. This time there was definitely a second line. And Matt agreed. It was official, we were having a baby. What better way to celebrate the 4th? Who needs fireworks with news like that!

No comments:



Check out the progression of pregnancy pictures at the bottom of the page!