If a baby rolls over and no one is there to see it, did it really happen? Yep, Molly rolled over today! Twice! And I missed it both times! We were hanging out on the front porch enjoying a beautiful day. I had Molly on a blanket on the floor. I decided I needed to open a couple of windows in the living room. It only took me a couple of minutes and when I came back, there she was on her tummy looking up at me with a look of surprise that probably matched my own. And then she smiled. I immediately got the video camera out to capture the aftermath. Of course I then put her onto her back to see if she could do it again. I saw her get onto her side, but she just didn't have enough oomph to get all the way over. I started to suspect Dudley had given her the nudge she needed. But then I found her on her tummy again. This time in her crib after a nap. She seemed a little more confused about what to do because other than one hand peeking out, she was still swaddled.Matt and I put her on her back again in the hopes of actually seeing her roll over. So close, but still no luck. I know it's only a matter of time before she's rolling over without effort. And after that it's crawling, then standing and before we know it Molly will be walking. So for now I think I'll just enjoy this time. No need to rush it.
No comments:
Post a Comment