So there is research that shows pregnancy can cause a woman's brain to actually shrink. Apparently it may take up to six months after birth to get back to full size. Not only am I getting less sleep than I ever have in my life, but my brain has actually shrunk. This explains a lot! I have definitely noticed a change in my brain functioning lately, sometimes referred to as "momnesia." I have virtually no memory and I find myself searching for simple words in conversation. I've even stopped in mid-sentence, completely forgetting what I was talking about. But the real winner has to do with a nasal aspirator aka booger sucker.
It was the last day of school and my principal was taking everyone out to lunch at Crescent Beach. I stopped home to feed Molly before going to the luncheon. As I was feeding Molly, I noticed she had a fairly large booger in her nose. So I used the aspirator to get it out and then proceeded to put the aspirator on the armrest. Of course Dudley was very curious about it and immediately made a move to investigate it. Since Molly was still nursing, I couldn't get up to put it away. So the only logical place to put it was in my cleavage. Problem solved. At this point I was in a rush to get to lunch on time, so I handed Molly over to Sara who was watching her and ran out the door. I got to the luncheon right on time and greeted a few other teachers on my way in. Shortly after arriving we all found our seats. As I sat down I happened to look down and saw something sticking out of my shirt. Yep, it was the booger sucker. I was mortified. How many people saw this thing sticking out of my shirt? I asked my friends why they didn't say anything and they said they honestly didn't see it. Thank goodness it was only with people I knew and we had a good laugh about it. But I am so ready to get my brain back. Maybe it's time to see the wizard!
No comments:
Post a Comment