Monday, October 18, 2010

Preliminary Weigh-In

In case you don't remember, Molly weighed 10 lbs. 1 oz. when she was born.  I certainly haven't forgotten; so I asked my doctor what that might mean for baby #2.  He said statistically speaking, the second child is the biggest. Ugh.  Of course that's just statistics, so I had an ultrasound at almost 35 weeks to measure the baby and get an idea of his size.  Based on measurements, the ultrasound tech estimated he weighs 6.1 lbs. at the moment.  And in her words, "he's got a shot at being a big one!"  I talked to the doctor afterward and he was guessing around 9 lbs.  Single digits sound great to me, but I distinctly recall getting a 9lb. prediction for Molly too.  So I'm taking this one with a grain of salt (and an epidural).  Ideally I would like to go into labor on my own instead of being induced again.  I know I can birth a 10 pounder, so why not wait it out.  Of course the baby did suprise me when I was told that he was no longer head down as he was at my previous appointment.  Instead he is laying across me with his head on my right side and his bottom on my left.  So before we even talk about induction, etc. we'll have to make sure this baby flips to the right position.  Then we'll go from there.

1 comment:

Julie said...

My first was my biggest, the second and third were each a pound less-I guess not an example of statistics, but there you go, an exception to the rule.
Hoping he moves for you!



Check out the progression of pregnancy pictures at the bottom of the page!