Saturday, March 8, 2008

Rock and Roll

Last Monday I had a non-stress test to check on the baby. I sat in a recliner and the nurse strapped two monitors around my belly. The first one measured the baby's heart rate and the second measured contractions. We didn't see any contractions on the read out. But as soon as the monitors were put on, this little girl started doing her thing. She was stretching, kicking, rolling. You name it. The nurse said we were lucky to get a baseline heart rate with her since she didn't keep still for very long. The readout clearly showed an increased heart rate with her movements which means she is doing just fine! The nurse found the baby's movement quite amusing but kept saying to me, "Oh, you poor thing." I really didn't need her sympathy because I absolutely LOVE feeling this baby move inside me. It is one of the most amazing feelings in the world and something I know I'll miss when it's gone. So rock on, little girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.


Check out the progression of pregnancy pictures at the bottom of the page!